Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 9:15:38 PM EDT
I just signed up for my CCW class/qualification. Now I need a fairly small, corrosion resistant (& Safe to carry with one in the chamber) pistol. I'm kinda liking A Colt Commander in stainless & a slimline Glock.

Funds are important but quality comes first.

Hey LEO guys, I've seen Glock 22s for sale used that came from the Police. they have some holster wear but how do you think they would be otherwise. I don't imagine most LEO's fire them that much. is $300 a good deal for an ex-LEO Glock 22?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a colt officers model.. small and not too badly priced on the used market...pat
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Most Important....try before you buy.You don't want to get home with a handgun you don't feel comfortable carrying or shooting.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You would be better served with a G27 IMO. The smaller 45's give up their power.

Just got to love those Glock 40's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
A Glock model 23 would be a better choice than a 22 as it conceals easier and 13 rounds with a preban mag ain't half bad. The choices are limitless though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing agaist GLOCK, but I had to sell my GLOCK 17 along with 2 prebanners, and am still carrying my fullsize USP 45. I just love the way it feels and shoots, even though the GLOCK was a more "practicle" gun to carry, I didn't feel as cozy shooting it.
To me, thats the most important aspect of a carry firearm.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You would be better served with a G27 IMO. The smaller 45's give up their power.

Just got to love those Glock 40's.

I carry a 27 more than all of my others even the compacts. I am not a G-lock fan - but they have the market beat on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top