Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 7:17:20 PM EDT
Does anyone have info about gunsmiths who specialize in refurbish/sporterize Springfield 03A3's?  TIA, Dennis
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
"Sporterize" used in this context is a sacrilege!  Buy a Remington or Winchester bolt gun if you want a sporting firearm.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Please, do not destroy that 03A3.  If you really want a sporter type gun, sell the 03 an buy a modern rifle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Sporterizing was for when these rifles were plentiful and sold for $11.00. Don't do it. You can get a Savage 110 .30-06 with a scope and sling for under $400.00 retail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen, I appreciate your insight and comments, particularly to the traditional configuration of the rifle.  It may be a case of semantics with my previous post, and my intention was misconscrued - the Springfield needs more of a "tune-up" and parts than "sporterizing."  I was looking for a gunsmith who was familiar with the workings of the O3A3.  Thanks, Dennis
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, in that case, wheeeewwww.

The Springfield has been around forever, 98 years, and you list yourself as from Arizona. I would think there should be someone local, or in AZ, that can do what you need.

You can also ask over at the Jouster board. They are ole' time battle rifle dudes there.

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/03/03config.pl?

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Since it's based on the Mauser any Mauser mechanic should be able to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top