Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2001 2:41:33 PM EDT
At the AR10 site I was told that there is a difference in the quality.  Can you tell the difference in the two rifles by logo or something else?  I think there is an Armalite AR-10A4 for sale at the local gun shop for $1100 but now I'm not sure what it is, help.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq_list.htm#2

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ARMALITE AND EAGLE ARMS RIFLES?

There are normally very few differences between ArmaLite and Eagle Arms brand rifles.

ArmaLite rifles are the top of the company's line. They tend to be more up to date, and include higher quality parts such as chrome lined barrels. They are produced from selected forgings.

Eagle Arms rifles are intended to compete with lower priced brands. They are extremely high quality rifles in their own right. They bear unchromed barrels as standard.

AR-10 rifles are not produced under the Eagle Arms brand. <---- NOTE

ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are either factory or government built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists.

ArmaLite rifles bear a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Eagle Arms rifles bear a Limited One Year Warranty.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
yer welcome ;)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalite does now produce an Eagle Arms AR-10.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top