Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 7:58:26 AM EDT
I used to read SOF back in the 1980's when I was in the Army.
I always liked Kokalis's weapon evals.
Is this book any good?
Is it just re-printed SOF articles?
Is it worth $45.00
shop.paladin-press.com/Store/prodinfo.asp?prodid=4242
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
In the first sentence it says "In this comprehensive anthology of Peter Kokalis' best articles from Soldier Of Fortune and Fighting Firearms". Sounds to me like it is a comprehensive anthology of Peter Kokalis' best articles from Soldier Of Fortune and Fighting Firearms magazines. That would make it old news and previously published articles he has written.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
OT: I'm a subscriber to Soldier of Fortune, and I don't see Peter Kokalis' name in the section where they list name sof the editor & publisher etc. Also I don't James Pate's name either, he wrote a lot of those Dividian pieces where the govt made huge mistakes.  Does anyone know what happen to those folks?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Kokalis now writes for Small Arms Review...
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have every issue of SOF dating from 1982 and every issue of Fighting Firearms that was published during it's short life. I am still putting this book on my must have christmas list because Kokalis is usually both entertaining and informative and digging through a few hundred magazines trying to find a particular article is not as much fun as everybody makes it out to be!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen it and perused it some. My only complaint is that I can't own almost all of what's in there. Bums me out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top