Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 8:42:53 PM EDT
Saw advertising for century ar's and the price is right.Anyone have experience with them. What reciver are they built on? thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
thier is a certian point when the price is just wrong. and ar15 that lists new for 499 is just wrong. i dont know, but i might guess they build on a hesse receiver(yuk) or perhaps thier own hacked up specialweapons wanna be peice of shit. i dont know fur sure though, but i wouldnt trust an AR from them.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Century seems to have first access on a lot of surplus. They also have some armorers that reassemble kits. Their kits, by my experience have been worth the money. Their armorers are hacks.Buy something they haven't touched.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The lower receivers are made by the same company that makes them for Colt.The rest of the rifle is M-16 surplus parts.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I never seen a Century AR but I saw some Century FALs and boy did they looked awful.
You may get a good one but I have read a lot of complains about Century FALs not working without some fixup by the owner. A bushmaster NIB is around $800. If it was me, I would save up the extra money needed and get a quality product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top