Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 7:29:12 PM EDT
Ashley Express sights...are these any good?
i like the idea and am considering puttin some on my carry gun (HK USP 45 Compact)  
any opinions?  big dot vs. regulat express vs. tritium?

(for those who dont know, the express sights are a vertical line (rear sight) and a large white dot (front sight)

thanks

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
well it seems to me that if you feel confortable with it, go for it.  I personally cant really function well with dots and lines and other things, only plain black.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They are well made quaility CQC sight,not a target sight,if that is what you want to know.Tritium would be my choice.Only you know if they will work for you.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, i was readin in  a gun mag about them the other day.  i seem to remember the author saying that for under 25 yrds he put the dot on top of what he was intending to hit and at 25 and beyond he put the target at the top of the dot.  seems to me that he would hit low then.  i dunno, maybe my brain is goin to mush and i remember it wrong...

anyone else used these?
(also!, the only make them with a "set screw" now, how does that work?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top