Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 12:55:00 PM EDT
we're going after doe only tomorrow and they don't get much bigger than 70 or 80 pounds around here and I'm going to be in the spot I hunted muzzleloader at where the longest shot would be 50 yards at best so I was thinking of taking out the Bushmaster instead of some big heavy gun. Looked in my reg book to see what it had to say about semiautos and there is a mag size limit for .22 caliber centerfire rifles of seven. WTF is that about? Why only .22 caliber? not that I care, seven is way more shots than anyone would ever need (only allowed 1 buck and 1 doe per season) it's just that I had to take the trouble to block the mag. (a bic pen with the cap on blocked a regular government mag to 6 just fine)

This still BTW leaves the door completely open for methed-up okies unloading 30 rounds of WOLF (preserves the life of your barrel) through a polytech at running 65 pound spikes. Of course they don't bother to buy tags either so it's not like putting a mag restriction on all guns would help, but I still don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet I could be convicted ina US court of illegaly manufacturing high-capacity magazines too when I take the pen out. that and conspiracy to verbally harass federal employees.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking into this myself this morning, apparently AR does'nt have a mag limit.  Just can't use FMJ or so called "Military Ammunition".
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Law here says 5 rounds limit. I'm either going to have to single load, or buy a fiver.. Yuck!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Colorado says a five round mag is the limit for SA's, but for bolts and levers the sky is the limit.

It must really suck to use a Garand for big game. Do they have five rounders for the M1.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You can temporarily block a twenty by putting a thin piece of wood, plastic, whateveryoupleaseium, inside spring blocking it to five (or your pleasure) capacity.  If it has to be permanent then put a pop rivet in the mag body blocking it.

hth
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it is kind of a silly law. Here in Missouri you can hunt with any centerfire rifle. But the mag limit is 10 rounds. I was wondering if you could legaly block the mag with spent casings? But have not checked in to it. It would sure make it easy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
5 round limit here as well... Don't feel too bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Hunt in GA, and bring your Beta C-Mag!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hunt in GA, and bring your Beta C-Mag!!!

lol.

Georgia law is kinda weird.  The only smokeless-powder rifle restriction I can find is .22+ caliber with expanding bullets.  As long as you've got that, go nuts.  Maybe I've missed something, but I think it's technically legal to hunt with a Browning water-cooled machine gun.    

OTOH, shotguns have a damn page of rules.  I guess someone went duck hunting with a street sweeper while some anti-gunner was watching.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Um, Ducks/Migratory Game Bird Hunting is Federally regulated as well as state regulated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top