Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 9:18:21 AM EDT
Looking to purchase a Charter Arms .44 special. The company is back in business. Does anybody own one or have any knowledge about this little brute?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  About ten years ago I purchased the Bulldog short barrel in SS.  A really good handgun.  In Great handguns of the World it got a very good review by Thompson.  I put the Pachmeyer (sp) grips and it is sweet.  I found it to be very accurate for such a short barrel and the recoil is not bad at all.  If I could figure out how to post a picture here I would.  I still do not understand the () to [] reverting back to the <> and then to the [].  Just plain english.  I have a bunch of cool pics but not the talent to post.  Back the the Bulldog.  Get the SS and short barrel.  I load mine with 200 grain swaged bullets and about 750-800 and it is fine.  Good luck  
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one of the original bulldogs & liked it.  It was a real rip with their "undercover" grips.  A set of Pachmayer's made it shootable more than one time.  Go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top