Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2001 3:06:37 PM EDT
Anybody got one of these?  Was wondering how accurate they are.  Was thinking of using my AR for squirrel if these aree somewhat accurate.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't say that they'd be suitable for match competition, but I've seen them group pretty tight at 25 yards (under and inch). I'll tell you what, I used to think that shooting .22 out of an AR was ridiculous. I mean, why shoot .22 when you can shoot the real thing?

After I actually got to shoot .22 through an AR my mind was immediately changed. I had one within 2 weeks. They're relatively accurate, and I bet you'd be suprised at how much you'd use it for plinking.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Get one definitely worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely get one. But get a used upper assembly for it. That way you won't have to hassle with cleaning the crud .22 leaves behind in the receiver, gas tube or gas port. A 1:12 SP1 upper works great and looks cool to boot. Another up side is there is so little recoil and they are so quiet you can rip of full mag loads at the range and nobody notices They are also good for practicing with if you shoot High Power.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to mention you can get 1k rounds of .22 for under 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with everyone else.  I bought one a year ago and instantly fell in love with it.  When you get a chance, I'd advise picking up a dedicated 22LR for it.  I got one a month ago, and just love it.  In fact, I use mine for squirrel hunting.  It works great
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine is great, but point of impact varies from .223 so I have a seperate scope and mount. One is sighted in for .22 lr and one for.223.  It would also be pretty easy to just come up with the settings for one scope for example make your self a note to go up 8 clicks or whatever.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ditto on the used upper. I hated cleaning the gunk out of my regular upper! If you look around, you can probably find a beat up used A1 upper (maybe even without the brass deflector and forward assist) pretty cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top