Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 7:54:01 PM EDT
I just watched Modern Marvels the M-16 on the History Channel and this expert said, "The main reason all these 3rd world countries and guerilla groups use AK-47's is because they can't afford a M-16." He also went further and said the peice is the best in the world at this time.

The most powerful assault rifle ever used in combat, the M-16 became the symbol of our lost war--Vietnam--and can easily be called America's most unloved gun. Yet, 30 years after its introduction, it stands as a potent icon of U.S. military strength worldwide, and is now the best combat rifle.

USA RULES!
ALL OTHER'S CAN -!-!-

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
i've seen palestinean terrorts use M16's.

an old M16 when sold to other countries is about $150 bucks or so. an AK is about $75 bucks or so.

its not the most "powerfull" assault rifle in the world. the FNC, G36, FAMAS, Steyr AUG, M96, Galil, and the HK 33 are all chambered in the same cartridge. the M16 does have better sights then most of the above. and better ergonomics. the G36 and Steyr AUG have good ergonomics too. G36 for layout, Steyr AUG feels soo good against the shoulder and cheek

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean the new A2's, unless they are rich terrorists like bitch laden. And yea I know it's not the most powerful that part is bullshit, but it's the best in my opinion.

AR's FOREVER!

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The hell with the M16! I want one of these!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top