Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 1:05:10 PM EDT
I have a M4gery flattop upper and have been thinking about getting one of these babies!
Any comments good or bad will be appreciated!
Mounts...4.35, 6.5 or 12.5 MOA?

Thanks,
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
12 MOA triangle all the way.  Check out my review of this sight.

Be sure to try before you buy, the amber reticule does not agree with everyone - its a love it or hate it kind of sight.

http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/reflexsightreview.msnw

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one with the 12.5 MOA triangle.  I use the tip of the triangle for a 300m BZ0 and have no problems hitting a torso sized target out to 350m.  For close in work, I just place the triangle between the shirt pockets and squeeze.

My only complaint is if you are in  a darkend position and aim into a well lighted area, the triangle washes out.  The supplied filter will remedy this issue, and with practice and experience, you will quickley anticipate the situation and overcome this issue.  Over all it is a no-muss, no-fuss, reliable piece of gear.

If you are in the Austin, TX area, we can hook up and you can give mine a test drive.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m certainly not arguing with my esteemed colleagues, but I really don’t care for the Reflex II.  The heavily tinted lens irritates me greatly, no doubt due to my tired old eyes.  I much prefer an Aimpoint or an ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
i have a 5.5 moa triangle and i love it.im in law enforcement and use it alot.id recommend trying one out before buying one. the 5.5 is hard to find but some dist. carry them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I've tried the 4MOA "issue" dot as well as the 6MOA and 12MOA versions.

Went back quickly to the Aimpoint CompM-XD.  I can find no area where the ReflexII has any advantage.  Before someone says "no battery" it should be known that the Reflex only works for me in perfect conditions:  bright daylight and with night adapted eyes.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Have both a Reflex II, 12.5 MOA triangle and a new Comp ML/2 with the extd. battery life technology.

I like em both.

The Aimpoint is on a Bushmaster Dissipator and the Reflex on an M4 flat-top.

Each has advantages and disadvantages when compared to the others.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I could not find a 12.5 MOA at the Houston gunshow. I saw a couple of the other ones and neither one of them would work for me. Those little tiny dots were almost invisible.
I am going to keep looking around and see if I find one that I like.
Thanks,
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 12 MOA amber triangle recticle in a Reflex II.  After owning a standard Reflex with a dot recticle, I can honestly say that the triangular recticle is the way to go.  Getting accuracy beyond 200 yards with a dot scope is more like guess work.  With the triangle, you can use the top most point to aim more carefully and engage targets at longer distances.  Truth be told, battery powered scopes can be brighter, but I use my iron sights unless lighting conditions dictate that I solely depend on my Reflex II.  The whole battery dead in the field risk, simply turns me away from the run of the mill red dot scopes, although the Comp M is a nice piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the 12MOA and like it very much.  With the filter, it does not wash out unless you are aiming right at a bright light.  If it does wash out, you can use the Reflex as a ghost ring.  Bang, Bang, goodbye light.  The triangle is fairly accurate out to medium range.

I like my ACOG better, but the Reflex would be better at very close ranges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top