Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 2:50:06 PM EDT
I decided to just start another post rather than add more to the old one.
Well after discussing it with them, they finally offered to cash out the deal !!! The company, GG&G in Tucson AZ, paid me cash value for my lower and I keep all other parts, my new complete upper, tele-stock, and all parts out of the lower. I fail to see why it took so long to perform the original service, and to get to this point, a total of three months of waiting. I also wonder about a company that would purchase a "so called" preban lower without even bothering to verify that fact.
In the end, I am satisfied with the outcome, and they did make this right as best as possible. Now I will move on to the task of getting another rifle.
Sooooo, Let this be a lesson to all of you and learn from my mistake.
IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT !!!
SPECTRE
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT !!!
SPECTRE

I think that's what we all thought from the get-go.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you finally got that worked out...minus your rifle .

Sure does raise some interesting questions about buying GG&G products in the future (as far as I'm concerned).
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean THAT GG&G!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, hell I have a used GG&G flip up sight I will sell you for your upper....  Oh, it might need refinishing and of cource you should send your gun to GG&G to have it mounted!!!!

Congradulations on getting this solved!

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have always been one of those people who is compelled to fix even if it ain't broke.  To bad you had this much difficulty in resolving this issue, but do not let that stop you from trying to make it a little better or more to your liking.  Plain vanilla is fine, but have you ever tried chocolate almond rum crunch toffee peanut butter flavor?  Just got to try it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The company, GG&G in Tucson AZ....I also wonder about a company that would purchase a "so called" preban lower without even bothering to verify that fact.

For a company that seems to specialize in AR parts - I highly doubt that they did not know. It would seem more to me that they did not care. It is one thing to not care if no real harm could have come from the substitution of a post ban lower. However, considering the potential consequences there is no doubt in my mind they tried to fuck you...AND I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The company, GG&G in Tucson AZ....I also wonder about a company that would purchase a "so called" preban lower without even bothering to verify that fact.

For a company that seems to specialize in AR parts - I highly doubt that they did not know. It would seem more to me that they did not care. It is one thing to not care if no real harm could have come from the substitution of a post ban lower. However, considering the potential consequences there is no doubt in my mind they tried to fuck you...AND I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

I thought about that same question. I really think they thought I would never know the difference, and decided to take the chance that it would never be found out. They do ALOT of LEO business and deal with AR's so regularly, that I find it hard to believe that they did'nt know. It took me all of 10 MINUTES to call bushmaster and verify the serial number.
I think the fact that I found this out is probably the reason they quickly offered to settle after so long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top