Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 1:30:36 PM EDT
If I was to buy a preban AR15, but I needed to get a new barrel(cause the old one is shot out), could I get a new one and still retain preban status? would that be legal? If I could, where would I find one? If not, shuck.

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was a complete rifle(preban), then you could rebuild from the receiver up or replace parts as needed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
With a preban rifle you can put a preban or postban barrel on it. You still can preban style barrels from about any AR15 manufacturer.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget the "ban" as regards parts.

A "pre-ban" AR15 is a legal, grandfathered semiautomatic assaualt weapon.  Nothing you can do to this rifle will change this status.  This status does not depend on "features."  It depends only on the fact that this rifle existed as a rifle (or kit) on 13 Sep 94 the day it was declared in law to be a legal semiautomatic assault weapon.

Evil Features (in regards to AR15s) only apply to what makes an ILLEGAL semiautomatic assault weapon -- your's is already legal -- after the date of the ban.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top