Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 9:54:59 PM EDT
what a fine pistol. shoots well and fits my hand like no other. i have now found another expensive toy to save up for! this was a 9mm, anybody know how the .40 shoots? any hi-cap mags available?
willy
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There a few hi-cap mags availiable , also you can use S&W SW99 mags . Somehow I liked the S$W version of the gun in 40cal , at least I purchased mine before the sell out .
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
How could there be any true HiCaps for the P99 if it was Post 94??
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Walther made a good design feature on the P99 9mm pistols. They are interchangable with the P88 compacts mags.  In reality, there are pre-ban mags for the P99.  However, the .40 cal mags (I think) for pre-ban high capacity does not exsist.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm beginning to really want a P99 in S&W .40.
Nice looking weapon, and combined with an ar15 Tac folder in OD green, makes an impeccable fashion statement.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Man I can't wait. Tomorrow I put down the rest of the payment and get the paper rolling on my Walther P99 Military in 9mm. Course, half the giddyness is it's my first firearm, first handgun, and probably a bunch of other firsts.

From what I've read the .40 shoots very well. There WERE issues in 98/99 with the .40 having some problems, but about 99% I'd say were due to Walther having a short run on slides. They got S&W to manufacture about 3-4000 slides for them. I've heard one or two had occasional FTF's, mostly in the < 500 rounds area. There are a few threads on The Firing Line in their Semiauto section that speak in much more detail about them.

My rec would be to avoid the SW99 (and ESPECIALLY any with the slide labeled SW99NJ!!), and stick with the actual Walther P99 and you should be fine. Only thing that bothered me about the .40 is that the hi-caps only hold 12, while the 9mm hi-caps hold 16.

What did it for me was the grip. It was, stock, so damn comfortable it felt the gun was a part of my hand. Plus the adjustable grip works for my big ass hands. I ended up deciding between this and a USP9...the grip and the trigger did it for me.

Plus, there are limited number of threaded barrels out there, so that you can attach a silencer to the P99.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top