Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 6:56:29 AM EDT
Okay, I'm in the Detroit Area, and I basically have three places to shoot and none of them LONG distance.

Wolverine in Brownstown. 25yd indoor pistol only

Double Action in Madison Heights. 5oyd rifle and pistol

Island Lake (DNR Range) at Kensington Park. 100yd rifle and pistol but single load only.

I'd like to find someplace 200-300+ for in the springtime. I wouldn't mid driving a couple hours if I can spend all day out there for a rather inexpensive rate.

The indoor here are $10-15 an hour, but the state range is $4 all day.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow....no responses.... did I post to early in the day??

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
GOD I FEEL SPOILED HERE IN WEST MI.KENT COUNTY I 6 PLACES TO SHOOT ALL WITH IN HALF HOUR DRIVE TOPS.I'M A MEMBER OF THE WEST WALKER SPORTS MENS CLUR MEMBERSHIP FEE IS JUST 45.00 A YEAR IT INCLUDES THE USE OF 7YRD HAND GUN RANGE 25YRD H.GUN/LONGARM RANGE 50/100/TO300YRD RIFLE RANGE.WALK THROUGH BOW RANGE TRAP/SKEET.FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MOUNTH WE HOLD SOMETHING A STEEL CHALLANGE FEE FOR THIS IS ONLY 5.00 TARGET MAINT.AND I BELIVE A FEE FOR THE LONG RANGE SILHOUETTES EXIST...OTHER WISE THERE IS NO OTHER FEE'S BESIDES YOU'R MEMBERSHIP FEE.EVERYTHING IS CLOSE BY DINNIERS SHOPS MALL MOVIE JUST IN CASE YOU HALF TO BRIBE YOU'R BETTER HALF W/ THAT LONG PROMISED SHOPPING TRIP.E-MAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE MORE INFO BEING ITS ONLF 2 21/2 HOURS A WAY..LIVE LONG SHOOT STRAIGHT.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
GOD I FEEL SPOILED HERE IN WEST MI.KENT COUNTY I 6 PLACES TO SHOOT ALL WITH IN HALF HOUR DRIVE TOPS.I'M A MEMBER OF THE WEST WALKER SPORTS MENS CLUR MEMBERSHIP FEE IS JUST 45.00 A YEAR IT INCLUDES THE USE OF 7YRD HAND GUN RANGE 25YRD H.GUN/LONGARM RANGE 50/100/TO300YRD RIFLE RANGE.WALK THROUGH BOW RANGE TRAP/SKEET.FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MOUNTH WE HOLD SOMETHING A STEEL CHALLANGE FEE FOR THIS IS ONLY 5.00 TARGET MAINT.AND I BELIVE A FEE FOR THE LONG RANGE SILHOUETTES EXIST...OTHER WISE THERE IS NO OTHER FEE'S BESIDES YOU'R MEMBERSHIP FEE.EVERYTHING IS CLOSE BY DINNIERS SHOPS MALL MOVIE JUST IN CASE YOU HALF TO BRIBE YOU'R BETTER HALF W/ THAT LONG PROMISED SHOPPING TRIP.E-MAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE MORE INFO BEING ITS ONLF 2 21/2 HOURS A WAY..LIVE LONG SHOOT STRAIGHT.

cool, Grand Rapids huh?  sounds good...email; on the way.
BTW- typing in all caps is considered yelling...and more difficult to read. FYI <g>

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
AHHHHHHAHHHHHHAHHHHHH/////                       what can i say grew up in a house with4 sisters and 2 brothers always had to yell//just kiding on the yelling part have not yet gotten your e mail  but can tell you all youd have to do is get ontn 96 east and make one exit take 2 lefts and 2 rights and your here no locked gates no check ins just a membership card and your free to shot from 9am to sunset.membership covers all wife kids you bla bla bla.think you get the point just over all a pretty good place to belong.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
AHHHHHHAHHHHHHAHHHHHH/////                       what can i say grew up in a house with4 sisters and 2 brothers always had to yell//just kiding on the yelling part have not yet gotten your e mail  but can tell you all youd have to do is get ontn 96 east and make one exit take 2 lefts and 2 rights and your here no locked gates no check ins just a membership card and your free to shot from 9am to sunset.membership covers all wife kids you bla bla bla.think you get the point just over all a pretty good place to belong.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I sent the email to [email protected] as lised in your Email link.

No_expert
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
please dont take this the wrong way nom
but west walker is a hole.
yes its a cheap place to shoot but you get what you pay for.

unless they have changed the rules since i was a member ( about 10 years ago) that 300 yard range is for mythical charter members who ever they are.

if your looking for a decent shooting range you may want to hit the NRA's national list of shooting ranges at

www.nrahq.org/shooting/shootingrange/findlocal.asp

i myself belong to two ranges,

1. grand rapids rifle and pistol club.

(indoor) 25 yard.

2. South Kent Sportsmans Club
   dorr michigan
Outdoor Pistol (25 to 200 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25m to 500m), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Trap, Skeet, Airgun.

70.00 a year shooting from sunup to sunset  
open 7 days a week year round.
bring as many friends/family as you can pile in a car. free plate machine access, no caliber/ammo or full auto restrictions plus you get Civilian Marksmanship Program affiliation.

But i think its very probable you may find somthing meeting your needs a lot closer from the nra's site.

good hunting :-)

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked up the Dorr range...other side of Gr Rapids for me...be great if I still lived in Holland... do they do any open range or is it members only?

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]

... do they do any open range or is it members only?

I know they do an open range a few days a year for deer season sight ins but other wise its members only.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
This probably doesn't help you much, other than another reason to try to get into a club.  I belong to the Monroe Rifle and Pistol Club.  Excellent club, lots of good people.  25, 50 100, 200 yd. ranges.  None of that single shot BS at the DNR ranges.  CYa.

RobDog

PS I'll be moving to the Lapeer area next year and if any members can hook me up with a similar facility/club as the above in the Lapeer area please let me know!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Formerly from Petoskey. Not a problem. I used to shoot alongside telephone lines. They usually space them 100 yds apart. There is always an old frig to shoot. I used a black magic marker to keep track.Ranges that are run by people are nucking futs. Too many nuts and rule makers.Wind flags? Use something natural like smoke or leaves. Michigan State Police keep a close eye on the ranges looking to make a case. It gets tiring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top