Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 6:21:02 AM EDT
I've got an Olympic Arms PCR rifle with no muzzle brake.  I thinking of purchasing a Bushmaster upper with an AK style brake.  Will the two work together.  Can I use my bolt, carrier and charging handle that's in my Oly Arms in the Bushy?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer is yes.  However, be careful about casually switching bolts.  They must headspace correctly to be safe.  Most mil spec bolts will interchange, but why take the chance?

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They should work, but I would purchase a separate bolt & carrier assembly in order to keep one with each upper.  That way the bolts will wear consistently along with the upper.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't buy an upper with a muzzle brake, and I certainly wouldn't buy one *just* to get a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a pre-ban Oly lower and a Bush upper.  Works like a champ, but the color on my stop-sign Oly doesn't match the upper, all well...  I would buy a whole complete upper, including bolt carrier etc, just be sure that everything matches up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top