Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 8:36:12 PM EDT
Just fired about 3 full 20 round mags through my SAR8.  (It had about 10 rounds through it prior to this.  Thats it.)

First round in the 4th mag, loaded and fired like normal, but the bolt only came back about 1/2" and jammed.  But on Safe, removed mag, was very difficult to cycle, ejected spent case.  No visible obstruction.  Loaded mag, cycled, fire.  Same result.  Stoped shooting.

Any ideas what keeps the HK bolt from cycling?  I was using South African ammo.

Thanks, Pepper.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm...maybe clean it real good and try again.  I've gotta think about why it would stop halfway back...never had that happen with my 91
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of mags were they?  Any visible damage to them.  The aluminum mags tend to get bent feed lips.  That *could* be part of the problem.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think is mag problem. I had a like that problem on my thermold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top