Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 8:22:14 PM EDT
Anybody own any of these? I picked one up for my Glock 30 this weekend.

It seems well made and only cost 25.00 new.

Any experiences good or bad??
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got several Hume holsters.  They are a good value for the money, he makes a fine, functional holster for a decent price.

The only problem I ever had was one snap came loose on my G30 IWB holster, but I called my dealer and he replaced it at no cost.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry my G26 in a Don Hume IWB.  It is sturdy and very well fit to me and weapon.  Four Stars.  Switch between this and Bladetech paddle. (now there's a contrast!)  Like 'em both.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You get what you pay for.  For occasional use, they are OK.

For daily/frequent use, I'd go with a Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen holster.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used several Hume holsters over the years. Good products for the money but not quite up to the standards of Sparks, Kramer or Rosen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's the main diff? Do they losen up or fall apart or what?

I'm not too keen on holsters so I need to know. What's the main difference in these and say a $75 Bianchi?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Have IWB for G23, G30, 1911, like them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The main thing I noticed about them was the molding wasn't as pronounced as the higher priced holsters so the retention wasn't as good. Also, they don't hold their shape as well over the long haul. Still, I have several and would buy them again, I just don't expect as much from a $25.00 Hume as I do from a $100.00 Rosen.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple of comments/rebuttals...

First of all, Bianchi aren't a top-notch holster in my book...but would definitely take one over a Don Hume.  Don Hume's products are cheap leather that LOOK ok.  He stains the leather with a spray, for crying out loud (it'll rub off on you if moist...believe me).

Sparks and Rosen holsters have high-quality leather and handwork in them...especially the boning.  One of the reasons they are more expensive is that they HAVE to use high-quality leather to cut it so thin yet retain strength.  It's cut thin because there will usually be a steel reinforcement in the mouth area that the leather covers.

I LOVE my Sparks VersaMax II holster for the .45...in my opinion, the most comfortable IWB holster on the market.  My father has several other Sparks holsters for his .45 and they are all top-notch as well.  Rosen makes AWESOME stuff too, and Kramer has a good reputation.

SPEND THE MONEY ON A GOOD HOLSTER...you'll be glad you did.  You can always make more money tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top