Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 11:35:06 AM EDT
Does any know of a good, dependable place online to buy a good laser sight & mount for my AR?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory is a good place to buy.  Might not be the cheapest, but they are a good (reliable) place to buy.

Question is WHY would you want a laser???
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
why not? what would u get? a tac light?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately a Tac-Light.  It is a useful device.  A light can be used to illuminate a target (so you can ID it and/or shoot it).  Also the 'blinding' advantage of a decent tactical light is not to be discounted.

A laser is a toy.  CO2 lasers have their place with NVGs in Spec-Ops.  But the lasers that are commonly sold are cheap toys that offer no tactical advantage.  They can only be used in low light situations and they can't ID the target.  The dot is very difficult to see depending on clothes colors and distance to the target.

For night time shooting you are better off with a tritium front sight and/or a decent red-dot sight.  Personally I like red-dots as they work day or night and help you maintain situational awareness and speed up target engagement.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why not? what would u get? a tac light?

OK boys, you say laser, he says tac-light.  Why don't you both buy a Insight Technologies M6 (multi-mode laser/tac-light), and the GG&G mount and be done with it. Tac-lights are practical and lasers are cool... it's a win/win situation.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank's forrest. I believe you're right.
Im gonna go with the tac light and tritium sight's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top