Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 8:42:19 PM EDT
Before I plunk down my $$ is this an easy thing to install? I have the mechanical/gunsmithing inclinations and abilities of a chimp. But ask my wife she'll tell you I'm chimp-like in so many other ways.

Anyhoo, I'd like to get one for my LEGP. Do I need to take off the front sight? Uh, read that,Do I have to pay someone to take of the front sight to mount it?

What else is involved?

Thanx

Sherm
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Elcan, RAS...does your wife know about this?  btw, when you dofind out, print out and save me the answer.  I may get one too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you know how to remove the handguards from an AR, you can figure out the install.  Very easy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you know how to remove the handguards from an AR, you can figure out the install.  Very easy.

Seriously, I always wondered.  Do they replace the handguards or are they attached to the handguards?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is everything you will ever need to know....

www.biggerhammer.net/patents/us05826363__.pdf

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I posted mounting instructions at:
www.wizardsofaz.com/ar15dotcom/RASMOUNT.html
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Elcan, RAS...does your wife know about this?  btw, when you dofind out, print out and save me the answer.  I may get one too.

Vinnie! SHHHHHHHHH! She posts here under the name SHERM8404's-Spending-Control-Unit!

Ixnay on the CANELcay and EGPLay. Who are you people? I've never seen this website in my life!

Sherm
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to Quarterbore and Wizardofaz.

Sherm
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Any time Sherm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top