Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 4:10:33 PM EDT
how is a muzzle brake permanatley installed on a barrel and is there a way to remove a permanatley installed muzzle brake without cutting the barrel
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
DEPENDING on the type of rifle you have, the brake is either threaded in, or pressed on.

I have a Stoner SR15 which had a pressed on and locktighted fake brake. It needed heating up with a torch until red hot, in order to remove, by clamping it with a BIG wrench.

If yours is the screw in type, look for a push pin, somewhere on the bottom part of your brake, which looks like it was ground smooth and blued over.

In any case, I think this is a job for your gunsmith.

I have installed a birdcage "look" brake from gunsmoke which was screw in, then pinned for permanent installation.

hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top