Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2001 8:40:05 AM EDT

I would like to mount a scope on my AR (A2 carry-handle style) and am confused by the array of mounts available. I want a removable type that screws through the carry handle hole and gives a normal base to mount rings to. There seems to be several ways to go.

The A.R.M.S. #2 mount is nice, but seems like a lot of $$$ for what you get. Bushmaster also sells a generic version of that mount for about $20, but I don't know how good it is.

I have also seen mounts by Kwik-Site and MK Arms that come with nice rings. The MK Arms is a bunch more dough.

So the question is... who has what and how do you like it. Recommendations?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
This really should be over in the optics forum, where you will find people knowledgable in this area.

For me I like the Trijicon ACOG scope (particularly the compact line).  It mounts directly to the carryhandle, was designed for use on an AR, it mounts low (but allows use of the iron sights) so you still keep a good cheek weld.

If you insist on a mount for a scope that needs rings....

Cheap mounts are that - cheap.  For plinking they are fine, for hunting or defensive use get a good mount like the ARMS.

The scope will sit WAY to high, most people get the delta cheek peice so they can get a comfortable cheek weld.  High mounted scopes also make for screwy zeros.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top