Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 1:53:03 PM EDT
I bought the parts (Except Lower Receiver) from a Pre-Ban Eagle Arms EA-15. They arrived today. The Refigerator repairman was there so I borrowed his knife to open the box. He asked what it was so I showed him. He said it kinda reminded him of his army days. He then said, "you know Mattel made M16s don't you ?" He said, when he was in the service, he was given an M16-A1 marked Mattel. At first, I thought this whole thing was a rumor, but now I'm beggining to think its true.

BTW, Back on subject, the kit looks in great condition. Only thing I'll have to adjust is the rear sight, which appears to be zeroed for 400 Yards. I'll probably get a lower at the gunshow in Mobile this weekend. As far as I know, you can buy from a dealer in a contiguous state, just not an unlisenced person, right ? But, the show in Pensacola had alot of AR stuff, so I'll probably check this one out. Once I get it assembled, I'll take it down to the range and test it out. I will keep you informed.

BTW, anybody know somewhere in the area (Escambia County, FL/AL, Baldwin or Mobile Counties, AL.) that can remove a bayo. lug and Pin & Weld a compensator for a reasonable price ?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Mattel didn't make any M16's or M16 parts. This rumor started because some had this abreviation for material on the receiver: MAT'L, or something along those lines, I will post a linkt to another thread about this if I can find it. Good luck with the kit.

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get burned on on your lower.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
"you know Mattel made M16s don't you ?" He said, when he was in the service, he was given an M16-A1 marked Mattel."

Meadow muffins!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top