Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 4:49:09 AM EDT
I'm looking at changing out the stock trigger on my colt 6731 with a JARD or a JP but I read in a gunsmith catalog that changing out to a lighter trigger and shooting Mil surplus ammo you may have problems with primer failure. I've never seen or heard this in real life, but I was wondering if anyone has had experiences along this line ?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I put the JP trigger in with the JP speed hammer and have not a problem yet! My friend however did not change the hammer just the trigger and he does experience light primer strikes occasionally.

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Any problem would be in a lighter hammer spring, not the trigger.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Norm is right, I think the lighter spring does not have the power to throw the heavy mil spec hammer hard enough sometimes.
Hence the light hammer works better with the JP trigger.

ps. the hammer spring will affect the trigger pull as well as the trigger spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top