Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 2:31:13 AM EDT
So I saw this on their web site in the "whats new" section. I don't know if its available yet but found it kind of interesting though I don't know if i'd buy one or not.

Has anyone see one yet or tested one?

Lets hear your opinions
...and, yes, I know some may say its fUGLY!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
OK here's the deal. That XD is what use to be a HS2000. This was a very fine weapon. I have one and my take on it is its better than a Glock at half the price. Now along comes Springfield and changes the name from HS2000 to Springfield XD and jacks the price up $150.00 from what I hear.
I got my HS2000 last year and paid about $300 out the door. If I wanted another one though I would still buy it over a Glock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  Of course, they misspelled SpringField Armory as HS Arms.  

If the new one is identical to the HS (which I'm sure it is), then it is a great pistol.  Better fit and feel than a Glock and a better trigger.  Once I see them around, I'm going to be mighty tempted to pick one up in a new caliber.

To avoid naming confusions, simply refer to it by its proper name: 'The Croatian Sensation'.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I read over on hs2000talk.com that dealer cost is $400 and MSRP is $489.95. Springfield just started shipping these to dealers yesterday.

Are the HS2000s even available anymore or are all stocks depleted?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't give a crap what they stamp on it,it's a great gun.

Buy one,then....buy one more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top