Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 5:39:42 PM EDT
What's the difference between a SA58 and a STG58A?  Let's assume both are carbines.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
For practical purposes, the only difference to you as a buyer is about $300.  The kits used for the Stg are excellent, the fit and finish are excellent, and the gun itself is excellent.  You even get a choice of a Type 2 or Type 1 receiver--as far as I know, all the SA-58's are Type 1.  I'm not real wild on muzzle brakes on carbines (my SA-58 carbine is LOUD!), so if you can get the non-functional muzzle device/weight/crown protector (or whatever you want to call it) on the Stg-58A, do that first.

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]

The quality of the "kit" guns is first rate. There wasn't a mark on it until I took it shooting.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#5]
So, there's really no difference between the two?  If so, I'll just buy the cheaper one...when I have the money that is.

How easy is it to build a kit gun?  Do I just buy a receiver thru a FFL and order the parts?  Or do I need a smith to put it all together.  I haven't ever seen a FAL up close, so I have no clue.  About how much would it cost to put together a nice kit gun?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.l1a1.com/

That link will take you to the Mecca of FAL's. The guys there, many who also post on here, eat, sleep and some of them even have a kinky kinda thing going on with their FAL's. It's a GREAT spot for info on the FN's. Check it out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Mecca indeed!
And I guess it all kinda depends on what you consider kinky! :p

I have built FALs for as little as $350 and as much as $900...FALs are accesory heaven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top