Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 12:54:38 PM EDT
I saw the movie "The One" with some friends over the weekend and noticed that all the LA Sheriff boys were touting HK G36's.
My honey and I rented the movie "Swordfish" and those guys were carrying the carbine?
Where can I get one of these?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, no, you can not have one.  In its current form it is in violation of the '89 import ban.  Not to mention the '94 AW ban.

...Oh yeah, and it's FA too, so it would be a non-transferable MG.

Best you can get, is this ugly 10 round bastardized version:

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My GOD!!!! That's one of the ugliest guns I've ever seen!!! That's an actual HK? I can't believe they've release something that monstrous.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, here's a weird question. If I can't get the G36, how can the movie boys get it for these two movies?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I wondered that too, I did some research and I found out from my drama teacher who is a gun nut that there is an exception in california law that specificaly states that movie makers are allowed to own and maintain machine guns and 'assault weapons'. He says it was passed right after the 86' civilian sales ban.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
Yeah, I wondered that too, I did some research and I found out from my drama teacher who is a gun nut that there is an exception in california law that specificaly states that movie makers are allowed to own and maintain machine guns and 'assault weapons'. He says it was passed right after the 86' civilian sales ban.

Or they could've been fake guns. I've seen some that ran on baby propane tanks & gave off real shots of muzzle flash that looked pretty cool & realistic.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:

I don't personally know anything about that, but I do know that several C3 dealers are in the business of renting MGs and other goodies to the movie makers.  Makes more sense, cheaper than buying a gun for a movie, and storing it until it is needed again.  

Sometimes you see some of these firearms for sale from folks like www.longmountain.com
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top