Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 5:30:29 AM EDT
couple of questions

1.) whats the difference between the green, black, and gray ones?

2.)  how much is a green one worth nowadays (approx.)

3.)  how do you know it is preban?  serial #?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
All of the green AUGs came into the US with 20" barrels.

The grey ones aren't actualy AUG's they are post-ban ones dubbed the USR. They have a funky thumbhole stock (for lack of a beter word I'm calling it thumbwhole)

I think that all the black AUG's were shipped in with 16" barrels but I am not positive.

They are all pre-ban except the USR, and that has USR stamped on the receiver so that should be no problem to spot.

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
ok then

how much would a preban green AUG sell for nowadays (general price) in about 92% or so with one mag.  ive seen some from about $3200 min to $4000, is that about right?

thanks again

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats about what I've seen them for, although prebanarms.com has one for $6,000 (damn)
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Between $3k-$4K for a used one, and up to $6k for a new one. Also the later imports with the roller bolt are worth more, but I am not sure of the serial number range that has them
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's the place to ask: www.steyr-aug.com
A couple of months ago I saw NIB/LNIB USRs for $2600/$2400. The AUGs are so far out of my price range, I never checked.  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top