Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 10:42:44 PM EDT
Since I can't purchase full auto HK's here I'm thinking about going south and buying some for a cheap price and bringing them back. Clinton and the ATF can kiss my. How easy is it to buy guns in Mexico or in one of the South America countries?
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not easy or cheap.  Guns are stolen here and sold there for beaucoup bucks.

Have fun being raped in prison.

"Do what you will,
just don't tell people you are going to do something very illegal."
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, you as so much as get caught with a bullet in Mexico you'll find yourself shacked up with a very friendly guy named Jose. Even sailing off Mexicos coast with a rifle for dispatching sharks while fishing can get you in hot water, I tell you this from experience.

I have a novel idea, why don't you apply for the proper licences and do it legally? That way, you'll never have to worry about being someones cell biatch.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Baracuda, could you tell me more about your Mexican adventures?  My business partner does some serous sailng and would be interested.
Are we talking about International waters? Are we talking about a firearm that does not leave the boat when you dock?

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Mexico, not a good idea. I lived in Central America and unless you are friends with some big cheese in the military or police you will not be able to have guns. Need I remind you that in the Mexican Judiciary System a person ios considered guilty until proven innocent. Don't ƒuck about too much there or they will take you down, and it aint gonna be Chinatown they'll be taking you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a guy from Orange County, CA, he HAD dock his boat at a Mexican port because of engine problems of some sort.  It took over a year to get out of a Mexican jail over a gun violations discovered on boat during a search.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute - I'm confused.  It MUST be possible to buy full auto HKs in the US - how else did the North Hollywood bank robbers get theirs?  Oh, that's right - they illegally made them.

Which would probably have been much cheaper than going all the way to visit all those pretty senoritas...

Or for a few dollars more, you can legally buy one of the ridiculously expensive full auto guns currently in the US.  Which would be my recommended solution if you have the means and really want a full auto.  

For that matter, and for the same price, you can buy a collection of semiauto HKs, then put your leftover dollars into helping the 1934 group lobby for your right to own a full auto unmolested by undercover agents wasting your tax dollars.

1934 Group:
1934.dcptech.com/
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#7]
A very foolish idea.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
yes if u dont mind getting gangraped in jail
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Mexico? Central America?
Gangraped might be the least of your worries.
This brings up a point. Can a guy with no felonies, no misdemeanors who can get a CHL get an FFL? What does it take? I would love to be able to collect and own full autos. There is even a gun club near me that does frequent full auto shoots.

How long does it take is also a question?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dude, you as so much as get caught with a bullet in Mexico you'll find yourself shacked up with a very friendly guy named Jose. Even sailing off Mexicos coast with a rifle for dispatching sharks while fishing can get you in hot water, I tell you this from experience.

I have a novel idea, why don't you apply for the proper licences and do it legally? That way, you'll never have to worry about being someones cell biatch.

It's not that black and white.  

You can go hunting in Mexico. Bird hunting and deer hunting are very popular.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I can get you a gun in Mexico, but you can buy the same thing here alot cheaper. All I can always find are Colt brand cuarenta cinqos, and .38s and .22s, most gun are purchased here legally, and carried back. Its 4000 times easier to buy one here and keystone its value, then to steal one. As far as the full autos are concerned you have to rob a cop, even a meter maid has a machinegun, and they dont have any firearm retention skills. I know a guy who snatched some brazilian, chilean weird subgun from the traffic cop, grabed it off his shoulder and was gone. If you are caught you will be in jail untill your family is busted flat broke.
GG
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Royce:

We do alot of fishing south of San Diego here, mostly around the Coronados, a little bit out towards the "Butterfly Banks"...all over the place. If you're in International waters, no big deal...it's just when your within the grasp of the Mexican authorities. The Coronados are within Mexican water of course, being only a few miles offshore. I'm even hesitant to bring a flare gun aboard the boat, for fear of some uneducated Mexican Gun Boat crewman making a big deal about it. It may not be illegal, but when your 30 miles from home, in a foreign country, anything can be a pain in the ass.

We've been boarded by Mexican authorities on numerous occasions, but I do fish a lot. All my licenses are in order, we maintain a proper catch limit...everything. But one summer day when the Albacore were running and the Threshers were having a field day up north of SD, we went fishing. On board was a bang stick. That's a long stick with a 12 gauge shell that fires when forcibly pushed into the head of a shark, used of course to dispatch that puppy. You can always tie him up, tail first and drag him behind the boat, but that's kind of cruel in my opinion. We had little luck with the sharks and decided to head south for Mexico.. Anyway, off the South Island of the Coronados, we were approached by a Mexican Gun Boat, I believe it came from the North Island weather station, but I can't be sure. While we all still had lines out, my partner mentioned that he hadn't removed the stick, it was lying on one of the bunks forward. The Gun Boat was maybe a half mile starboard of us, and we had guys screaming through the boat, grabbing the stick, shells and a box of 5.56 that was in a backpack that someone had forgot to take out from a trip to Texas a couple of weeks prior...not gonna say who. Everything went overboard, stick, shells, the 5.56 rounds...everything, but very calmly. Had they found that stuff, even as innocent as it was, I'd be someones Sancho right now, plain and simple..Black And White. They don't eff around in Mexico, especially with the problems they have down in Chiapas. They checked everything, boarded us, checked the permits, rummaged through the boat, were VERY polite in the process but had they found something, who the hell knows?

If you get caught in Mexican waters, whether offshore or in a port with a firearm, expect a very long stay. Your family will be required to spend oodles of cash to have you returned, you'll be  jailed, you may spend years behind bars for that .22 cal rifle you had with you...FACT.

Big Mac, you're correct, many do hunt in Mexico. Great Bird and Coues Deer hunting down there. But it is HIGHLY restricted on weapons. Fees are unbelievable and most opt to hunt with the outfitters weapons. I for one will only fish Mexico....Bass and Salt...I'll hunt here in the states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top