Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 5:13:03 PM EDT
As some of you may remember I wrote a few weeks ago about the trouble I was having with an upper receiver that I bought from Model 1 Sales. The rounds were getting stuck on the feed ramps. Well I sent it back to them and they said they polished the ramps and tried the upper on  Colt, Bushmaster, and Rock River lower and it worked perfectly. however when I got it back today and tried it, the rounds STILL get stuck, but only on the left side. I thought I saw a post a while back that was exactly the same thing. Can anyone point out the post and/or help me with this problem? I am at my wits end. is there ANYTHING I can do or should I send it back again and ask for a refund???
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If its only having probs with the rounds comming off the left side, check for burrs or lip prob on the mags, I had a couple do me that way. After stonning them a little they worked fine

hope it helps

Do you think this will help? I have tried Sanchez, Center Industries, Colt, and Bushmaster. They all do the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Use the search feature.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Really check the left feed ramp. Since the right one works maybe they didn't do a very good job on the left feed ramp. Use a fine round file first then rubbing compound on a q-tip. Can make the ramp smoother than monkey s#!t. Just look at it real closely with a flashlight and operate the action real slow and see if you can pick up the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top