Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 10:47:49 AM EDT
OK guys, I know you've probably answered this one before but please bare with me as I am new to this board....So I bought a Bushy AR and love it. Only one complaint..Dam trigger just feels wrong..I mean it sorta drags..just doesn't feel smooth like my bolt rifles..is this normal, if not..what is causing this. I have cleaned and oiled to no avail.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I changed my trigger group springs to a set of JP reduced power springs, and that helped. But its still a stock trigger.

I think the only real fix is to replace the stock trigger with a competition trigger.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
That's just the way the trigger is.  2 options:   Upgrade your trigger, or get used to it.  After about 4 months with mine, I only notice when I fire someone else's AR with an aftermarket trigger.  I guess it's like getting used to firing a Glock with the 13 pound trigger pull
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
YEA, and it keeps those pesky 55 grainers from flying when you don't want them to..
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys, thanks for the info although its not quite the answer I was hoping for...If I were to purchase an aftermarket trigger, what to get and what skills are needed..Thanks again..JR
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:Hey guys, thanks for the info although its not quite the answer I was hoping for...If I were to purchase an aftermarket trigger, what to get and what skills are needed..Thanks again..JR

I bought and installed a JP single stage trigger that was a great improvement over the sucky BM stock trigger.  I think I paid $100 or so for it.  No special skills are necessary other than basic literacy.  The JP comes with a couple pages of illustrated instructions.  You will probably need to score some Loctite, and a trigger pull gauge wouldn't hurt.

Others will recommend the Jewell trigger and I can't argue with that, except to say that it costs more than the JP.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey guys, thanks for the info although its not quite the answer I was hoping for...If I were to purchase an aftermarket trigger, what to get and what skills are needed..Thanks again..JR

If you don't know what you're doing, get a drop in Accuracy Speaks from www.brownells.com.  By the time you pay smith to redo your trigger, you may as well just buy an aftermarket.

If (and I mean ONLY if) you are intimately familiar with the innards of your AR,  you can reduce the sear notch height on the hammer and radius the engagement surface on the sear and polish both, but we're talking tolerances in the .001" range, and if you take off too much, you're fried.  You may also get into disconnector timing issues doing this, so don't try to 'wing it' without capable supervision.

shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top