User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 4:45:53 PM EDT
Anyone have a bipod mounted on an M1A??

What's the best way to do this??

I was going to use a Harris.

THX
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Get it mounted on the stock- if you attach it to the barrel, you'll throw your point of impact off.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get it mounted on the stock- if you attach it to the barrel, you'll throw your point of impact off.

So attach the Harris to the sling swivel on the stock???

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll need to get an adapter first for the Harris....I think its a Harris Bipod No. 2R Adapter, then you can mount the bipod anywhere actually. Using a M2 bipod, the Mil pod designed for the M14 kinda screws with the harmonics. The M2 attaches to the gas tube. I had one but opted to have Springfield install a Harris on it. By the way, if your barrel is bedded, make sure you have either SA or a real competent gunsmith do it for you. SA charges around 60 bucks to install the adapter and bipod. It's pretty darn easy to screw up the bedding and ruin your day.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The military spec one mounts to the barrel/gastube just forward of the stock with a special clamp built into the bi-pod.

Careful with the Harris stud in the stock as some have been known to rub the gas rod turning your rifle into a bolt action.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
THX guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top