Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2001 7:56:34 PM EDT
When I was a kid I had several of these M-16 type rifles. They were molded black plastic A-1 type rifles with triangular handguards. They had a white trigger and when you pulled it they made a RRRRR RRRRR sound. These guns were almost an exact replica of the M-16 in about 2/3 scale.

I am NOT talking about the Mattell Marauder. The gun I am talking about was really cheap, like you would get at K Mart or TG&Y. They had a tendancy to break between the barrel and reciever.

I had like 10 or 12 of these through the 70s. Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When I was a kid I had several of these M-16 type rifles. They were molded black plastic A-1 type rifles with triangular handguards. They had a white trigger and when you pulled it they made a RRRRR RRRRR sound. These guns were almost an exact replica of the M-16 in about 2/3 scale.

I am NOT talking about the Mattell Marauder. The gun I am talking about was really cheap, like you would get at K Mart or TG&Y. They had a tendancy to break between the barrel and reciever.

I had like 10 or 12 of these through the 70s. Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about?

Yes
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I wore out several of these in the late 50's early 60's. The one I remember was actually a Thompson, but there were some 16's I wonder what one would be worth today to a collector? I think they were about $2.00 back then.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a Thompson style marauder on Ebay go for $422.00 yesterday & a M16 style marauder go for $440.00 last week. Definately collector items!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
They were blue and black, real popular when SWAT was on TV, Had one , broke at the HG and Rec.
GG
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]
with or without grenade launcher?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I know exactly what you mean - I had one of them too.  Had a little hole on the side marked "oil".  I suppose to put a drop of oil every once in a while to keep the thing clacking along.  Actually about a month ago, I was cleaning out the garage and ran across a box full of games and such from my childhood.  I was hoping to find that M16 in there, but no such luck.  Damn.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are you talking about the M-16 or the one that looked loke an AR-10?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't remeber. I guy in the GD forum posted a pic of one that might be it. I remember it looking more like an M16 but the mag area may have been larger like an AR10.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Coltshorty....

that AR/M16 style one... are you certain thats not in 20mm or something that mag is frikin' hyouge!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a green M-16 and a black AR-15 toy gun as a kid.  God I loved those guns.  Perfect replicas.  I think I broke both off between the barrels and receivers.  Now the toy guns are blue, red, and orange and stuff so people don't think they are real.  We lived during the good ole days of toy guns.  I wish I still had them.  Many a good days playing war with those babies.

AR_Shorty...reminiscing!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I know exactly what you7 are talking about. I had several as a kid and gave  one to a friend for his birthday when I was kid.

Very nice for kids. If those are worth $400+, I will tear my parents house up to find the dozen or so I had as a kid.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#12]
YEAH! I remember that.

I rememeber that I broke the buttstock off of mine when I ambushed the neighbor kid.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
markm......  with!

Nuckles.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top