Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 8:05:04 PM EDT
I have Ashley same plain sights. I want to zero using the santos method (at 50 yrds). Right now the front sight is cranked down as far as it will go - this zeros the weapon at 25 meters.

When zeroed at 25 meters, I turn the rear sight from "z" to "4" and now I am on at 50 yrds.

This is not the same as being zeroed at 50 yrds - right?

Secondly, I believe that since the rounds are striking very high at 100 yrds (when zeroed at 25 meters)
I need to lower the front sight to change the zero from 25 meters to 50 yrds - correct?

Assuming that this is correct, and given that the Ashley front sight will not turn down any lower, what should I do?

A.  Is there a way to recalibrate the rear to accomplish a 50 yrd zero?

B.  Should I remove the front sight, and trim a small amount of the spring under the front sight? This should allow the front sight to come down low enough to zero at 50 yrds - correct?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site, built I believe by member Forest, has exactly the directions you need. I don't remember the exact URL, but it should not be hard to find. The procedure involves loosening a screw on your rear sight and adjusting it a few clicks. You willl find the info under Santose Battle Sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top