Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 4:23:15 PM EDT

This little gadget gives the wind mph in settings of Max, Min, and average speed. It also gives Temp in the same respect. Has an "omnidirectional bezel" meaning you can set it up facing any direction and it will read. Can always keep the screen facing you!

I have gone leaps and bounds in my windage adjustment accuracy. I ran my bullet through a cheap ballistics calculator software a few months ago. Found the inches in wind adjustment for the various yards and wind speed. Now, I always know the speed and in turn can make the correct windage adjustments.

For hunting purposes, I set it up for 10-15 min as I wait for the Sun to rise, or when getting things together. Find the average MPH and the direction and I'm off with the settings in mind.

Oh, and you will be amazed how much you overestimate the speed of the wind!

$100-$120
Just FYI!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So where do you get them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh...I got mine from an aeronautics web site. Aircraft Spruce $ Specialty Co.  Cheapest price I found in respects to shipping. $126 total as of 9 Jul 01.

1-877-4-spruce.

A good piece of equipment!

"Skywatch 3-D Windmeter"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top