Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 1:39:37 PM EDT
Does anyone have printable scaled targets? I'm shooting this weekend and don't have access to a long range.

Thanks
ARben
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If any place has 'em these guys will:

communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Another good source if you have time is www.fredsm14stocks.com.
He has 100, 200, 300, 400 targets all reduced for 25 yards.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck, I got the opposite problem.  I want to practice CQB, but my shooting range forces me to use the 50-yard range.  Anyone know where I can get some 30-foot tall targets....
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
G35, that's funny.  Well, actually it's not.  I've been there.  The first time I shot a handgun recreationally was a P32 at a target 25 yards away.  The only times I hit the paper were by pure chance.  It wasn't much fun.z
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Chucks right, we have them for FREE at the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site.

First you will have to sign up to be a member (again its free) sorry about this but its a new 'feature' of MSN.

Then go to the Free Downloads section and select Targets.

Some of my Favorites are the 25 Yard Practice Target (prints on 8.5x11 paper with two 175M scaled targets and lots of 300M scaled targets).  The Markmans Challenge (four 300M scaled targets).

Don't forget to look in the Army Qualification Course folder.  Its got copies of the Schedule 'C' qualification course scaled for use at 50', another for 25 yards, and one for 25 Meters.  The 'modified' version can be printed on four 8.5x11 sheets of paper, the standard ones print on two 8.5x11 and two 8.4x14 sheets.  This course has 10 targets with ranges from 50M to 300M. You will need to unzip the files then open them in MS word.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a computer guy. It won't let me download the target, or at least open it. It trys to open in power point, but says pp can't open.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not a computer guy. It won't let me download the target, or at least open it. It trys to open in power point, but says pp can't open.

Did you read what I wrote?  How about the instructions on the site?

1) sign up as a member.

2) download the file.

3) Unzip the file (zipped files have the .ZIP extension, self extracting files are run like a program and have a .exe extension).  There is a link to the Zip utility (if you don't have it already) in the "Related Links" section of the site.

4a) Once its unzipped the .JPG or .TIFF files (like the zeroing targets) need to be opened in a graphics program.  Be sure they are scaled to print on 8.5x11" paper (that circle in the middle should be about 1.5" in dia for 25yard targets, or 3" for 50yard zeroing targets).

4b)  If the file has a .DOC extension (the Schedule C course) then you need to open it using Microsoft Word (or a program that can read Microsoft Word files - MS Word is the best).

5) Print the target by pressing the 'print' button in the application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top