Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 11:17:18 AM EDT
Anyone have good or bad thoughts about the Sig 220? What is the fair market price for a Sig 220, New-In-Box? Thanx
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Have one, love it.  Big semi auto by todays standards. Probably about 6-8k rounds through it and only 3 malfunctions (all handloads).  Mine is a two tone, with night sights, I think it ran me $730 3 years ago (best price I could find at the time).  Groups as well as my buddy's glock (not as good as my kimber though!)  
Forgot to mention that Sig has a new 220 out (I forgot it official designation), but if your an leo, it holds 12rds, otherwise, it will hold 10 (although I don't know the price difference, and you can buy factory 8rd magazines anyway).
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the Kimber slasher you bastard
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have one, it was very accurate and reliable. It was sometimes hard to get a fully loaded magazine to lock into place, but that was the only problem I ever had with it. Sorry I sold it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone have good or bad thoughts about the Sig 220? What is the fair market price for a Sig 220, New-In-Box? Thanx

I used to have one & it didn't get very good groups, about 4-6" at 20 yards. It was very dependable, it'd shoot anything you'd put in it.

My complaint about the Sig P-220 is the 7rd mag. Some models, I've heard, have started shipping with new 8rd mags but I've not seen any.

Would I buy a P-220 again?  No. There's better guns out there for the same amount of money you're going to have to spend for the Sig.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Got one.  Love it except for it is a little big for my hands (my 228 fits like a glove!)  

I paid $650 for an NIB one with 2 mags last year.  

Regards,
SOL
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a regular blued one about a year and half old and has never jammed.  I try my best to feed it everything I can find...that's cheap.  I love it and I have small hands, it's more accurate than my 226 for some reason but it could be just me.  The only other 45 I had was a ParaP10...POS POS POS.  If I could just waste $500 I would shoot it with my friends 300WM...
It's not small though.  I've seen in norcal selling for $600 to $625 new but the lower price I haven't seen for a while.  

The Mak rocks, I wish I could get one here...Oh well, gotta go somewhere else and wait for some nice guy to sell me one outside a show...:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top