Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 3:53:29 AM EDT
I would like to be clear on this issue. Seems like there's a whole lot of people that like to post negative comments about RGun, which leads to long flaming wars. Let's find out how many of you have really bought/ordered something from RGuns. I DO NOT want to know what you think of KMA/RGuns so don't waste your time. Just state what you ordered. DO NOT post the condition please, I'm not interested about that here. There's plenty of posts elsewhere concerning that kind of stuff. Thanks
Wsmac
10/31
What I'm looking for here is just what I've asked, and it is concerning the RGuns that is defended by KMA here on this website (which, I believe is NOT the Texas RGuns).
Ever since I saw the first RGuns flaming wars,  I've been trying to think of a way for the people who are NOT: disgruntled customers or the "I haven't dealt with the guy, but I like to jump on the flaming bandwagon" types  or the satisfied customers, to have better information about what's going on.  
So, to make a long story short,
1. take a count of customers (not indicating happy or non-happy ones)
2. take another count, this time of repeat customers
3. take a count of un-happy customers
NOTE; I don't care about the rants of people who have never had a business dealing with the man/company.  The information I'm seeking is for helping the people who have never dealt with RGuns (not of Texas).  I deal with people who talk just like KMA types here. I deal with them because I've been able to get beyond my emotions/feelings in order to complete a business transaction that I felt would benefit me. That's business and it can work fine for both parties concerned. You can keep on with the flame wars. That's none of my business. I do hope folk will help out with this project though.
p.s. I cannot keep any of you from posting what you want here, it was really only a request on my behalf that you make your personal comments about KMA somewhere else so I wouldn't have to wade through all that stuff. Thanks
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Mags, 10.5" 9mm AR barrel, the cool Colt sweatshirt, M4 handguards (all as ordered, satisfied customer, won't buy another thing from a guy who shows his ass on this site)
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Yes, Sig 226 mags.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt M4 collapsible stock
Colt leather target sling
Colt (tasco) Delta rifle scope 3-9x40
Colt trigger upgrade
M7 bayonet

(very satisfied)
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
A small pile of LEO mags for the Colt 9mm SMG - all delivered as advertised.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
This is concerning Rguns (rguns.net)in IL right?
There is an Rguns (rguns.com) in TX also.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
wait...there's two?
i'm talking about the one advertised on this site, don't remember where they're based, it's been a couple years.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
four Colt 20 round magazines...
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
3 Thermold 30s(nice price)
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#10]
You shoud ask how many are REPEAT customers of RGuns. Most people only allow themselves to get burned once.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought my first Colt M4 upper from them about 4 years ago. It arrived complete with an M16 bolt carrier and firing pin. They exchanged it for an AR carrier and I bought an AR firing pin from DPMS.
I remeber they were polite when I placed the order, but the guy I talked to about swapping out the carrier was a prick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess I'm just lucky because I've ordered several times from SportsRUs/SportsWereUs without any problems.  Same expereince with Botach.

I do a lot of online/mail ordering and the only time I've gotten burned was by Paul Podhorn.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a couple of cases of C77 from them a couple of years ago and was very satisfied. Now that I've seen KMA's behavior on this board, I'll avoid any more purchases from Rguns (in Il.)
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Benelli slug barrel and other accessories. Numerous problems and the barrel was aftermarket.
Once was enough.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
5 Brand New Thermold mags @ $17 each.

Satisfied customer, will probably order again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#17]
H&K replacement stocks..pistol grips...not satisfied... this was several years ago havent been back since
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#18]
M4 carry handle, Colt barrel, Fal Mags, all as advertised.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Colt M4 flattop upper
Various other AR parts
HK mags

Probably alot more than I can remember.  Haven't ordered anything from them in a while though...
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#20]
A1 handguards thats all. I will order from then again.
GG
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe each of you should specify which one you ordered from, .com or .net ...
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#22]
btt. remember, this is the RGuns/KMA business (apparantly not from Texas), and maybe the ".net" folks. To tell you the truth I'm a bit confused on which RGuns I'm talking about, i.e. rguns.net, rguns.com, rguns in Illinois(?), rguns in Texas. If anyone wants to clear this up I'd appreciate it.
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#23]
FYI: RGUNS/Sportswerks (whatever) is the guy with the attitude.

I bought 10 or 20 FAL magazines that were fine.

I'm with Rabbit and won't buy from someone that shows their ass when dealing with any kind of customer.

P-R-O-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L learn it, love it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, I've counted 18 buyers + 1 maybe (depending on which RGuns FattyM4 ordered from). When I get back in a few days, I'll see if anyone else has shown up, then on to phase two. I'm not trying to be real scientific here, just counting replies. Thanks
WSmac
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#25]
ok, definately the RGUN that is/was Sportswereus.
www.rguns.net/
the one in Illinois, and advertised here on this site.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#26]
20 FN mags advertised as good to new, were more like 30% to 80%. Non-repeat customer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Purchased SA M1A. No problem with the purchase but his partner felt it necessary to make his anti-semetic feelings known to my GF (despite the fact that she wasn't).  Won't deal with them again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Im in the same boat as kihn.Ad in SHOTGUN NEWS stated very good to new FAL mags.The mags I got were far from new.8 out of 10 were rusted and pitted to the best one retaining only 40% blue.Called to ask if the wrong items were shipped.The guy got very defensive stating those were the very good to new FAL mags and would not refund payment when asked.And yes I do have a CC card statement to prove it.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#29]
M4 handguards - they're fine.
The fellow that took the order over the telephone could have been more personable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Colt M4 16" Upper NIB as advertised.  Colt Telestock New as advertised.  Smooth transaction. They even sent me an unrequested complimentary "can coolie" with a picture of a short barreled AR on it.  I saw some their new M1 Carbine mags for $7.00 advertised in the latest NRA rag and am considering a purchase.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#31]
A "Factory" Colt 10.5" 9MM barrel that ended up being a cut 16". I asked before placing order and was told not a cut down. They would be more than happy to refund for 20% restock fee !!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread kinda reminds me of a vendor we have on Corvetteforum.com called Dr Rebuild...He's kinda like the Soup-Nazi of vette parts...He trolls the forum and if you have said anything he doesn't like...BAMMM "no vette parts for you"(He actually blacklist people on the forum from spending $$$ with him)Guys like these don't seem to learn...Its all about C.S. I will admit I have never bought from the vendor in question here...The real question that begs to be asked is why would I???  Seems gun prices are real close so for an extra couple of $$ spent I could go buy something from someone who is willing to make sure the customer was happy...just my .02
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Purchased 20 and 30 round AR mags from them.  All mags functioned as promised and I would order from them again!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought an M9 bayonet and sheath and an ARMS 19. The bayonet is made by Buck and I'm really happy with it. The ARMS 19 now holds an Aimpoint 5000, and I'm partially satisfied with it. ARMS took out a full page ad in Shotgun News saying it was a counterfeit. I called them, they confirmed that RGUNS in Illinois was selling counterfeit pieces. KMA denied it of course.Buy again? No. I would have if he was willing to straighten it out at the time.I really like Midsouth Shooters Supply. Somethings bad? Send it back. No cost. No complaints.They have everything, and at wholesale prices.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Back when I was young and foolish(and bought HK weapons like it was a religion)I bought tons of stuff over an 8 year period from R Guns ads in SGN.

MP5 mags
Navy Trigger Housing
G-3 spare parts(before they were common)
slings
HK 93 40rd mags

the last thing I bought was an MP5 style telestock for my 93 to replace the uncomfortable G-3 style one that it had on it when I bought it in 1988.Everything I bought from them was as advertised except for one dented straight,scalloped edge MP5 mag and they sent me another to replace it before I even sent them the dented one in return.Their prices were high but back then you didn't have many options once you got sucked into the never ending money pit of authentic HK products.I I'm glad that I did spend all of that money with Rguns though because it ended up making me a healthy profit by the time I outgrew all of that clumsy German crap and sold it all to people who had the "bug" bad enough to offer me $3000 for a $650 carbine and $100 each for $25 mags that I bought from Rguns!I used that money to amass quite a collection of instruments that serve me far better then those nose heavy,slow handling German boat anchors ever did.I get scores that are literally twice as quick on the tactical carbine couse with my 9mm Colt than I ever did with my SP89 SBR or my HK94 and on the rifle course!Well you all know that an Hbar Bushmaster will kick a 93s butt right off the range in the accuray department.

Anyway,Rguns was alright back then but I don't even know if it's still run by the same people nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
10 colt mags, and an M4 upper. Very bad experience, won't make the same mistake twice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top