Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 7:18:55 PM EDT
I have one of the CZ-75s with the baked enamel black finish. Gun is reliable, accurate, and shoots right to point of aim with the ammo I usually use. Finish sucks. It has started to flake off in spots as I have since read they are prone to do. How do you remove the enamel finish? I would like to have the gun stripped and blued and forget I ever saw that damn enamel. Anybody ever done it or know how it might be done?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No way.........I was shore this would be a Sig post.

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
How long have you had the pistol? I've only had mine for 6 months, but it has not chipped at all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
SC,
Near as I can remember, I bought it about 12 years ago. It has "Made in Czechoslovakia" on the slide rather than the current 'Made in Czech Republic" Must have been made before the 'Wall' came down. Slide has held up OK, most of the chipping is on the frame. Hope you have better luck than I have had. Great pistol, tho.

By the way, thanks for the lead, Treetop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top