Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 5:11:47 AM EDT
What militarys use them? I have never seena US soldier with one. Closest I've seen is a HK video of a G36 w/ one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Click the link on the left and check out the neat video.

www.betaco.com/P4-cmag-index.htm
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I just cant get over how the speaker keeps talking about the disadvantages of "clips" when discussing why the BetaC is better than normal magazines.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, there was a recent article on SAW type weapons under evaluation by the USMC in their soldier's magazine.  

The article indicated that the concept of the Beta mag was appreciated, examples tested had spotty performance-- some worked flawlessly, some didn't.  

This seems to be odds with the  majority of information that I have seen about C-mags elsewhere, but there it is.  You could go to your local state unversity to read up on the testing.  I also remember that the testers were not entirely happy with the M249 and that they remarked favorably on the Diemaco LMG version of the M16.  All in all, it seemed very strange.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, I still don't see the C-Mag on a SAW. It sits sideways with the gun, creating an unbalanced firing platform. Anyway, I agree, this seems better for an assault rifle like the M4. There's a LSW version of the G36 that the German Army uses in conjunction with this magazine. I wonder if this magazine if the reason why they're making a heavier M4 barrel now. A heavy barreled M16 variant would make a great machinegun replacement to the SAW...at least until the barrel melts. My friend in ROTC though got to play with a SAW for about a week and he said he'd prefer that gun over the M16 any day irregardless of the weight though.

themao
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Military forces rarely choose weapons which require the ammunition to be lubricated to feed from the magazine.  This doesn't mean these mags aren't used by special ops forces, but these units can tailor for every mission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top