Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 8:52:07 PM EDT
Anyone shoot Fulton Amory AR's?? Any advice??

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen any of their AR's, but they built an M1A for me that is absolutely top-notch.  Spendy, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread here and on Rec.guns dealing with a gentleman who bought an AR off of Fulton and was slightly less than pleased with the finished product. What was impressive was the way Fulton offered to buy back the rifle if any part of it was not to total satisfaction. I'm not in the market for a rifle that pricey but if I had the cash I would try one to see if they are truly that good.

IF you do purchase one I'd be interested in a range report.

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Haven't seen any of their AR's, but they built an M1A for me that is absolutely top-notch.  Spendy, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Ditto on the M1A, though after coming across the recipt the other day I went into sticker shock.  

FA is in my locality, so I've spoken to a few guys that had FA guns/uppers and I haven't heard any complaints.  However, It seems in this area, the guys that build AR's for the state rifle team give FA a run for the money.  More folks aound here seem to have gone with the "little guys".  The local 'smiths are probably a bit less pricy for a very accurate AR.

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you're right, Hipower- a lot of folks tend to go with lesser-known names who are cheaper for their AR work.  The advantage of working on AR's is that they are pretty darn simple, and the quality of the finished product almost has more to do with the quality of the components than any gunsmithing genius.  If I wanted work done on an AR, I'd probably take it to my local shop.  M1A's, however, require some skill to get it right, and I think skill in the area of the M1A and Garand is where shops like Fulton excel.  You're right about the sticker shock, but as far as I'm concerned it was worth every cent.  In fact, if I had the cash right now I'd have them build me another one.  I'd really like to have them build me a Peerless grade M1A on a rear-lugged SA receiver in a McMillan stock and put some glass on it, but I don't have $3500 lying around.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
On the good side...
You talk to Clint.
He builds what you ask for.

On the bad side...
it takes a while, depending what's going on.

My results are about 1 inch 5 shot with the best ammo and a scope mount (I was displeased at first with 855 and iron sights, but after Clint's advice tried several ammo types and a scope mount)

He also is going to replace the safety pin with one marked on the right side of the gun, as opposed to the blank one he used. He is willing to wait until things calm down to do it.

He will stand behind his stuff and make you happy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I've often wondered why there aren't more posts about Fulton on this site??
They make(sell?) a lot of AR parts & do plenty of custom work.

It was one of the first "firearm" web sites I stumbled across & seems like a good outfit.

Often thougt about sending them my M1A for some work but can't stop spending money on other guns.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've often wondered why there aren't more posts about Fulton on this site??
They make(sell?) a lot of AR parts & do plenty of custom work.

It was one of the first "firearm" web sites I stumbled across & seems like a good outfit.

Often thougt about sending them my M1A for some work but can't stop spending money on other guns.

Do you frequent the Competition forum?  I'd think that is where you'd be most likely to see something posted re: Fulton.  I think for the most part, only folks that are serious about competition put that kind of money into an AR.  

Yep, Sparky I have no complaints about going with Fulton, though again due to the location (near Quantico) there are Retired Marine armorers around that I'm sure could build a rifle to give Fulton stiff competition.

In fact when I was buying my M1A, I had a choice between a gun like the one you want (Kriger, Urban Camo McMillan, Brookfield Op rod and guide, etc, ect.) and a shot out Springfield supermatch.  

I took the springfield becasue it was all I could afford at the time.  After shooting the old warhorse 2 more years, it was time for a rebuild and I now have more in it than the Marine Armoror built custom.  Still a nice gun, but that Urban Cammo McMillan sure would set it off!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top