Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2001 8:10:04 PM EDT
I was looking for a CAR Fixed Stock and found these guys..price seemed fair.  Anyone dealt with these guys before??? Any other suggestions?? I wouldn't mind going with a forum member if the price is close.Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure why no one has replied to you yet, maybe because this question comes up alot.  I think you'll find that you'll get mostly good feedback about model 1.  I bought my first kit from them and was pleased for the most part.  They seem to have many supporters on this site, but I have heard a few negatives.

I was happy with their kit and would buy another, the price is right.  With that said, the CAR stock was the ONLY part of my kit that I wasn't happy with.  The metal of the buffer tube was black but had a very strong purple sheen to it, more than others I have seen.  It may have been a fluke but I personally might try a stock from someplace else just to see.  It was a minor cosmetic problem, but just one of those things...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Tony:
I have dealt with them in the recent past.  Kit was well made and I had no problems with them at all.  Price was the best that I could find.  Since then I have installed it on an Oly lower, ran about a thousand rounds thru it and no problems.
I will purchase from them again.
Bill
Simper Fi
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, no problems with Model 1, if you  want a post-ban CAR stock try Gunsmoke Ent. and pick up one of the RRA's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a post ban kit from them a year or so ago.  I asked for a few options & they got it all right the first try.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
What are the web addresses for these two companies?  Id like to build myself an AR.

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I won't do any buisness with them. Instead I use model a sales instead. It goes back about 2 years ago when the industry was having trouble getting parts for the kits. Model one would take your money then tell you they were short of a part so couldn't ship. Meanwhile they were taking kits to the gun shows around and selling the complete kits. They were not honoring their mail order sales. They had our money in the bank so were drawing intrest etc. They were also very nasty when you called. M & A sells the same stuff but are easier to get along with. To be honest I thought that Model 1 would go under as all of the post here then were so negative. I just refuse to do buisness with anyone that treats their customers so badly. They apparently learned their customer service skills from the people over at American Spirit Arms.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I won't do any buisness with them. Instead I use model a sales instead. It goes back about 2 years ago when the industry was having trouble getting parts for the kits. Model one would take your money then tell you they were short of a part so couldn't ship. Meanwhile they were taking kits to the gun shows around and selling the complete kits. They were not honoring their mail order sales. They had our money in the bank so were drawing intrest etc. They were also very nasty when you called. M & A sells the same stuff but are easier to get along with. To be honest I thought that Model 1 would go under as all of the post here then were so negative. I just refuse to do buisness with anyone that treats their customers so badly. They apparently learned their customer service skills from the people over at American Spirit Arms.

have to disagree with you here.....I got a kit from them and the kit was put in storage by me....about 4 months later i was back putting the kit together the bolt carrier was machined croked after 4 months i called and shipped them the carrier they replaced it within 4 days no questions asked....realy easy to get a long with.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help guys.  I'm gonna give them a try..what the hey it's only 45 bucks...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Satisfied: Have bought from Model1Sales:

2 Post-Ban Rifle Kits
2 Post-Ban Carbine Kits
1 Pre-Ban Carbine Kit

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Serious problems with them. There are to many good vendors out there to deal with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top