Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 2:11:47 PM EDT
What can anybody tell me about them? I found a Rock river Arms AR-15 for $595.00 + $12.00 shipping & handeling. It has: 16" or 20" barrel, (which ever you prefer) Stainless Barrel with SAAMI match chamber/30 round mag/one year warranty/soft case/sling/manual. A-2 sights add $39.00. Post ban muzzle break add $39.00. Let me know please. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know much about the rifle or the company, but if its SAAMI spec chamber, you won't be able to shoot any mil spec ammo (its all 5.56 Nato, not .223).

Hope that helps.  

BTW, some people shoot 5.56 out of their .223's but I wouldn't risk it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
RR makes a excellent AR.

Are you anyplace close to Cheyenne????? I've got the Rock River LEGP and we could possibly hook up so you can see a RR AR 1st hand.

If so shoot me a e-mail
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, that is an excellent deal. Go for it. RRA is a good company, and they make quality ar's. They don't have a chome lined barrel, but that may not matter to you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Rock River Arms is only a few miles from Armilite in IL. I have seen some at range and shot one. They appear to be a high grade Eagle Arms from Armilite. Neither company will give clear answer if both are same company but will tell you they work closely together. Armilite has chromed lined barrel and RR(like Eagle) doesnt. Wouldnt hesitate to own one from what I have seen!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Shrike9.......I live in Cheyenne as a matter of fact. I sent you an e-mail, don't know if you got it. Let me know. It would be interesting to see one.  

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a RRA DCM (CMP) AR and could not be happier w/it. From what I have read the brothers who run RRA once worked at Armalite ( as well as Les Baer) and have used all the aquired knowledge to make their own products. Nothing wrong with that. Looks like Armalite is a bit miffed. Too bad. I have issues w/Armalite, but my momma told me the same thing....

Quoted:
Monroe:

We certainly don't want you to be confused about whether RR is the same company as ArmaLite.

No way in hell.

As former employees, the resemblence of their rifles to Eagle Arms is understandable.

Momma told us that if we don't have anything good to say about somebody, to just not say anything...

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, that's what my former employer says about all the 'disgruntled' deputies who left to find better jobs, too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Excerpt from ArmaLite Technical Note 45:

.223 Remington (SAAMI standard) and 5.56mm (NATO standard) rifle chambers are almost identical.  The difference is largely limited to the “freebore,” the cylindrical space in front of the case mouth, and the “lead” or “leade,” the tapered region that eases the bullet into full engagement with the rifling.  NATO and SAAMI cartridges can normally be used interchangeably with no problem.

The SAAMI chamber features a less freebore and a tighter leade, which normally provide better bullet fit and match-grade accuracy than the NATO chamber.  It is wonderfully suited to match bullets.  ArmaLite uses a SAAMI chamber in all ArmaLite and Eagle Arms match and hunting rifles, and most of its M15A2 and M15A4 standard grade rifles.  

Millions of rounds of NATO ammunition have been fired safely in Eagle Arms' and ArmaLite’s SAAMI chambers over the past 15 years.

Occasionally a non-standard round (of generally imported) ammunition will fit too tightly in the leade, and resistance to early bullet movement can cause elevated chamber pressures.  These pressures are revealed by overly flattened or powder stains that reveal gasses leaking around the primer.  

The first few rounds of ALL ammunition, from whatever source or lot, should be checked for pressure and other signs of defect before firing large quantities.  If you have a problem, you can generally bet that the ammunition meets neither SAAMI or NATO specifications.

I've fired a ton of surplus, including SS109, in two Colts and one ArmaLite.  Haven't experienced any problems to date.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
RR makes a excellent AR.

Are you anyplace close to Cheyenne????? I've got the Rock River LEGP and we could possibly hook up so you can see a RR AR 1st hand.

If so shoot me a e-mail

Alright! another AR15.com'er in Cheyenne.  We all need to get together and go shooting.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered a RRA reciever this am on recommendations from this board ;o}

Ropes
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#13]
What do the RRA recievers run?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Rock River Arms is only a few miles from Armilite in IL. I have seen some at range and shot one. They appear to be a high grade Eagle Arms from Armilite. Neither company will give clear answer if both are same company but will tell you they work closely together.

OH they're definately "working" closely together (a little too much on RR's part), but not in a good way.  Can't say much more, but I'd disprove any ideas you have now that RR = ArmaLite/Eagle.

Quoted:
Monroe:

We certainly don't want you to be confused about whether RR is the same company as ArmaLite.

Momma told us that if we don't have anything good to say about somebody, to just not say anything...

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I'm keeping quiet on this one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Kinda sounds like the whisky from last night......or was it river on the rocks....something like that.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting responces to my comments on RR and Armalite. Thanks for the clarifications. I own a Armalite AR15 and love it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Last I looked they were 110, but the site now list them as 130. Not much cheaper than a bushy I just wabted to try one out..

Ropes
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Interesting responces to my comments on RR and Armalite. Thanks for the clarifications. I own a Armalite AR15 and love it.

You have the best.....why worry about the rest?.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top