Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 11:36:30 AM EDT
A friend's parents purchased a Colt Cobra .38 Special snubbie around 25+ years ago.  The friend has looked at the gun and noticed a bit of tarnishing of the hammer, but the rest of the gun was in mint condition.  He believes the gun has never been fired.

What would the value of something like this be now?

Anything anyone knows about this little revolver would be helpful.

TIA
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I really like Cobras and have owned a few over the years.  For those readers not familiar with these gems it's a 6-shot revolver built on a D-frame (same as the Detective Special) but out of aluminum alloy.  And the finish on both the alloy and steel parts are typical Colt and beautifully done.

Unfortunately, these never really became popular, so I never saw any collector market for them.  So in terms of value, I'd have to say $250, $300 max.

The last one I had I traded to a coworker for a mint 1918 DWM Luger.  He wanted a pistol that his wife could carry, and I wanted the Luger.  I thought it was a great deal because I only paid $225 for the Cobra, and he thought it was a great deal because he paid $150 for the Luger. It was a win-win situation.  

Unfortunately that was my last Cobra.  But if I ever run into another one for a good price I'd probably snatch it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top