Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 9:46:23 PM EDT
I know the Ruger Mini 14 are considered to be POS

what about the 10-22?

which .22  LR are considered to be the most accurate and dependable in semi-auto, pump or lever actions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The 10-22 is a reliable fun plinker. High cap mags are available but getting pricey. If accuracy is a concern, the 1022T target model is pretty good for the price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Bolt action .22s are generally considered to have more accuracy potential than other action types, but the 10/22 can be tuned to be right on par with the best of 'em. Too many people are swept up in this doodad/gadget fetish with 10/22s, but the basic rifle can be tuned just fine by a competent outfit like Connecticut Precision Chambering www.ct-precision.com for a fraction of the cost of all of this add on garbage. Randy will rework the entire trigger, reface and jewel the bolt, setback and recrown the barrel, and ship it all back within about two weeks' time for $173. The basic light weight and handy disposition are maintained and the doodad guys get jealous 'cause it looks like a bare bones rifle (you can tell 'em if you want) after they've sunk $600 or more into junk from Volquartsen, Butler Creek, Green Mountain, and others. Spring for a GOOD scope mount like the B-Square, not that crappy Weaver TO-9, or the factory "mount."
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My box stock barrel banded 10/22 is as accurate as need be for a .22lr.  I use it for plinking and killing ground squirrels and I couldn't want any more out of it.  They are really a staple of any gun collection.

But, if I won the lottery, I would love to get a nice bolt action Kimber.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 10/22 All-Weather Model.
The reason I got it was because I had aquired
about half a dozen NIW butler creek 25rd mags
for it over the years.It isn't the best gun IMHO
but with after market parts its a nice gun.

I ended up getting more mags after I bought it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]

It isn't the best gun IMHO
but with after market parts its a nice gun.

I don't agree with that in the least. CPC has been proving that the 10/22 can be tuned into a deadly accurate and fun to shoot tackdriver for several years now, without add-on parts and doodads. Their turn around is VERY FAST. That's why I keep mentioning their link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top