Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 3:52:14 PM EDT
Yeah, I just purchased a Ruger 10-22 rifle from Wally World. Price was 159.00
Now I have a good training rifle for my kids.

Also, Wal-Mart had a mini-14 in stock. Its been several months since I saw a mini for sale at Wal-Mart. Does anyone know if they were refusing to sell them? Also, the price was 499.00 dollars. Hell, the last time I seen them for sale at the store, they were only 349.00. Of course, this in in Kalifornia, but why such a huge jump in prices?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Now go to OnTarget and spend about half of what you paid for the rifle and get a decent trigger.
It takes two men and a boy to pull the trigger on a new 10/22. Trust me, get yourself a Clark trigger and you wont regret it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
To train the kids on, that is a good little rifle for them to learn on. In my opinion you don't need to go out and spend $60 on a Clark trigger for a gun you are going to use to teach your kids how to shoot. If anything the harder trigger pull is more of a safety feature for new shooters. Take care...

John
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
WELL WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAY!
No seriously the one I have came out of the box with a trigger that was so STIFF that a small child would have had a problem with it and would probably have become discouraged with learning to shoot. The clark trigger isnt super light its kind of what the 10/22 trigger should be.

BTW just kidding Beagles!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The Clark and Volquartsen gadgets are overpriced doodads. Go here www.ct-precision.com and get the entire trigger group worked over, or better yet spring for the entire accurization package. Better return for your money than the add on junk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top