Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 2:46:45 PM EDT
I went to the range today with a guy who bought his bushmaster in April.  We started out shooting a 7mm magnum.  The 25 yard bench was taken so we shot the 7mm for a while.  After tiring of the 7mm we went and sat down. While sitting we had this conversation.

Him: I wish I had something else that shoots that far.
Me:  Your AR will
Him: You haven't seen the barrel on this baby.  It is only 16 inches.
Me: That's plenty.
Him:It won't be accurate, it is only accurate out to 25 yards.
Me. O...K...
So after I talked him into shooting it he wanted to shoot at the 25 yard bench.  I told him to do rapid fire.  This is the conversation we had.

Him: You want me to do what?
Me: Rapid fire...shoot fast.
Him: Will it hold up?
Me: Will what hold up?
Him: The gun?
Me: Mine does.
Him: OK I guess.
He like the rapid fire and ran out of ammo quickly after that.

What I want to know is why he bought an AR in the first place.  If he didn't think they were accurate and didn't want if for quick follow up shots then what? My guess is the silhouette.  He needs some work.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It is obvious that he needs to sell that useless rifle cheaply, to you, for example...
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It is obvious that he needs to sell that useless rifle cheaply, to you, for example...

I might have to try that.  A rifle of such nature would only bring, let's say, $200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top