User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 1:57:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My reloading manual shows it is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty much as straight as they come and it should be plenty for any bambis.

What state are you in that has such a strange law?  Do they also have large areas that are shotgun only?

I like my Marlin Outfitter in 444.  The guys next to me at the range don't seem to like it much though.  Booooooom!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]
"Outfitter" LOUD!  Got rid of mine because of the ported barrel.  Other than that it was a great little woods gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought that was what it might be.  Geez no bottle necked rifle cases really makes it tough to use a rifle.

One caveat on the 444 though.  I think there is only one factory loading available and it can be tough to find.  No problem at all if you are a reloader though.  The 44 is really versitle for the person who reloads.  

Other catridges that woudl qualify:
375 Winchester
45-70
458 win mag.  !!!!  They didn't think about that one!
450 marlin I think but it's not in my book.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeap the outfitter is loud, but being behind the gun I don't really notice it.  
It goes get the looks on the covered firing lines though.  A very distinctive Boooooom!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top