Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 1:23:19 PM EDT
Went to the fun show this weekend. A rifle there piqued my interest, and here is what I saw.
A1 upper, triangular hand guards, skinny barrel, sorta rough on the outside, birdcage flash hider, bayo lug, A1(I think) stock, with a hard rubber buttplate, no trapdoor.  Here is where it gets interesting.  Lower is Bushmaster, fenced mag release, no forward assist.  I broke it open and the lower looked pretty pristine compared to the outside of the barrel.  Unless I remembered incorrectly the SN was L073554, which is a post ban SN.  I may have added a digit to the number though, which would make it a preban.  Anyway I didn't buy it, but if any one is interested I have the Name and number of the shop here in Missouri.  Gonzales Firearms, Juan Gonzales, 660-563-3953. The price started out at $850, but by the end of the show was $750.  Lotsa luck, Dennis
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a post-ban.

Unless the dealer just awoke from a 7 year nap, since 1994, the price tells you it's post-ban.  A pre-ban receiver is worth this on today's market.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would agree the price says post ban, but the A1 configuration was what sorta threw me. As well as the condition of the upper, but the lower looked pretty good in comparison.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
From theAR-15.com Serial Number list

Bushmaster 800-998-SWAT
Below L051000 - Assembled Pre-Ban Rifles and some pre-94 lowers.**
L051001-L063000 - Mixed Pre-Ban Assembled Rifles and Pre-Sept 94 Lowers (Call to verify)
L063001 and Up - Post-Ban

It's a postban lower, with alotta evil stuff on the upper.

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A local gunshop is selling something similar. A pre-ban A1 upper on a post-ban Bushmaster lower (#124XXX). The guy just won't believe me that it is an illegal configuration...
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It is not illegal for a dealer to own Post Ban LEOnly firearms. It only becomes illegal when you non LEOnly guys buy the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top