Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 7:20:25 AM EDT
I have finally come to the realization that I do not have the time or MONEY to even semi-seriously compete in high power competition.
I am thinking of getting into bullseye competion w/ a .22 hangun, probably a Ruger Mark II.
Is there such a competition (w/o the need for a centerfire pistol as well), and where can I get information on it if it exists?
I live west of Chicago if anyone knows of any indoor competions in the are.

Thnx for the help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
In many areas, there are informal .22-only bullseye pistol leagues.

You can also shoot ISSF Standard Pistol with something like a Ruger .22. www.pilkguns.com/c13a.htm
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
yes there is,

its called rimfire bullseye competition, and its nra recognised.

ive shot in a few leagues and its a hoot.
if your going to get into this i would recomend a specific target gun like the ruger slabside browning buckmark 5.5 target or s&w model 41. At bare minimum its a good idea to have a pistol you can mount a scope on.

A generic 22 plinker like the standard mk2 or browning buckmark will work but the accuracy, ballance and trigger quality just arnt there.  

BTW bullseye can get almost as expensive as service rifle shooting.
Ive got close to 1k invested in my s&w 41 between the scope, gun and grips. My buddy recently upgraded to a walther that set him back close to 2k.

all the fun stuff is expensive
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to all that gave me some info/advice. Looks like I may have to get a second job.

Allen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top